Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the electronic control of building services systems.
Maintain, diagnose and repair the control systems of the BMS controlled HVAC systems throughout the site as determined by the manufacturers recommended system as detailed by the site management.
• You need to be well Spoken and written in the English language
• Qualified Electrician (NVQ3)
• Working towards a recognised membership of Institute.
• Formal field controls training
• Supports and assists Control Manager in design and specification of engineering systems and associated disciplines Basic understanding of Physics and technical procedures
• Good communication & interpersonal skills
• Excellent Knowledge of BMS controls
• Checks routinely for correct operation of all equipment in locations that include BMS control of systems
• Testing & Commissioning of systems
• Analytical and problem solving skills in technical disciplines
• Computer literate
• Electrical/Electronics/Systems competent
• Good time keeping and flexibility to make arrangements on site
• Commitment, integrity & dependability
• Good team player and self motivated
• Mechanically and electrically competent
• Comply with health and safety policy
• Carry out the instructions of the Controls Manager.
• Identify any potential defects & either action them immediately or report the details to the Manager.
• Respond immediately to critical alarms or other alarms that indicate a fault.
• Where faults are found to be false or repeatedly showing, report in writing to Controls Manager.
• Ensure that all PPE & Lone Workers devices are used & tool box talks are attended & recorded.
• All the company's tools & equipment are used with care & diligence & within the technician’s competence level.
• Ensure that all plant is optimised & run accordingly
• Never to discuss the technical performance, suitability, schedules or competency of any item of equipment with the occupants of the building.
• Ensure costs are controlled, stock of parts are sufficient, controlled & recorded
• Advise & guide lower grade technicians
• Expedite the labour & materials to meet the requirements of the Planned Schedule
• Ensure all plant rooms, risers cupboards, workshops etc are kept clean & tidy
• Ensure all systems maintain 99.99% functionality & advise the RE of any failures
• Attend to cal outs as directed and agreed
• Comply with company policy and procedures
Leadership/ Behavioural Competence/Decision Making:
Range of facts or situations requiring analysis, comparison of a range of options.
Problem solve technical issues, fault diagnosis and solution finding.
Planning and organising:
Plans and organises own activities and other straightforward activities, some on-going.
Communications technical issues to other maintenance staff, explain technical issues to other staff.Team Work:The post holder will be flexible and adaptable within their existing competency commensurate and will at all times display a can do will do attitude.